In 2008, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce created a GREEN Committee to assist and recognize Lafayette Businesses that are committed to adopting green practices. After description of program see list of Lafayette green businesses.
Lafayette Plastic Bag Ban goes into effect on July 1, 2015. For more information click here.
Our goals include:
- Help businesses get well-deserved attention for their efforts
- Help residents more easily identify green businesses in our city
- Proposition for Businesses
- Sign up to be a Lafayette Green Business and make a pledge to adopt “best practices.”
- Attend an orientation and training where you will receive informationon how to become a BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS and a Lafayette Green Business
- Share green practices that you’ve adopted so they can be listed on this Chamber Website
- Periodically share progress/challenges with the Chamber and its members
What You Get
- Free Training
- Free on-site audit
- Designated “green consultant” from our committee
- Assistance with certification process
- Receive information about new services & resources
- Free promotion by the Chamber through the website, local newspapers and newsletters
- “Lafayette Green Business” designation & logo/window sticker and virtual logo
Three Levels of Recognition
- “Pledged” – pledged to work on adopting green practices
- “Lafayette Green”- adopted an initial/basic set of green practices that show that you are on the way to becoming GREEN. This is not a certification!
- “Certified Green Business” – has adopted an advanced level of green practices and has been certified by the county’s BAY AREA GREEN BUSINESS PROGRAM.
All businesses that sign up are…
LAFAYETTE GREEN BUSINESS PARTNERS
Download this application form to get started
You can access the following documents to help you get started:
Here are some helpful links for additional information on “Greening” your business: