Lafayette Reservoir Run
The 24th Annual Lafayette Reservoir Run will be held on
Sunday, October 30, 2016.
* The Lafayette Reservoir Run a Fun Halloween Event – Wear Your Costume! *
8:00AM DOWNTOWN LAFAYETTE
PARKING AVAILABLE AT BART
2 MILE FUN RUN 8:00AM
5K RUN 8:30AM
10K RUN 8:45AM
KID ZONE – LIVE MUSIC – HEALTHY LIFESTYLES FAIR
SUPPORTING LOCAL EDUCATION
PRE-RACE PACKET PICKUP AT THE RUNNER’S MIND, 3541 PLAZA WAY, LAFAYETTE
Friday, 10am-7pm and Saturday, 10am-6pm.
More Details about the 24th Annual Lafayette Reservoir Run
The Chamber of Commerce and the City of Lafayette are co-sponsors of the Run which is traditionally held on the last Sunday in October. Beneficiaries of the event are the local schools and the services and programs of the Chamber. The Lafayette Reservoir Run is the city’s most popular “family affair”, involving kids, parents, grandparents, and hundreds of serious runners from throughout the Bay Area. 2200-2500 participants compete in a 10k or 5k Certified Runs and a 2 mile run/walk for fun through the heart of the downtown, around the reservoir and back. Sprinters, walkers, the “stroller brigade” and many of Lafayette’s top four legged residents share the streets on that festive Sunday morning. Presented By: Lafayette Chamber of Commerce & City of Lafayette Event Date: Sunday, October 30, 2016 Start Location: Mt. Diablo Blvd. between First St. & Moraga Rd. Registration Opens: 6:30am Staggered Start Times: 2mi run/walk 8:00am, 5k Certified Run 8:30am, 10k Certified Run 8:45 am Race Descriptions:
- 5k Certified Race – flat, “chip” timed course, runners only (NO Dogs or Baby Strollers).
- 10k Certified Race – hilly, “chip” timed course around the reservoir, Dogs on Leash & Baby Strollers OK.
- 2 Miles Run/Walk for Fun – No Timing – Fun Run ONLY, Dogs on Leash & Baby Strollers OK
Race Course: 10k Moraga Road west to El Nido Ranch Road, around the Lafayette Reservoir and back to Moraga Road. 5k or 2 mile DO NOT go around the Lafayette Reservoir. Race Certified By: The Athletic Council/Road Runners of America (TAC/RRCA)
- Registration Fee (12 years & up) – $30; Day of Race fee – $35
- 11 & Under – $22; Day of Race fee – $27 ( Bib also earns all access pass to the race day Halloween Carnival)
Packet Pick-Up: Pickup your t-shirt and runner packet at The Runner’s Mind, 3541 Plaza Way, Lafayette on Friday, 10am-7pm or Saturday, 10am-6pm.